Thursday, January 3, 2008

Obama Takes Iowa

Officially, I say the fact that a woman and a black man are the frontrunners for the Democratic nomination for President is spectacular. I'm thrilled that we have moved forward enough for this to happen.

Secretly though, I have to say I'm kind of annoyed by it. Not because of their sex or their race but because I worry the country as a whole isn't quite ready for either to be president. Like so many I'm tired of President Bush and tired of Republican rule. If the democrats put either Obama or Hilary as their nomination I'm not sure they can win. And if they don't win, we're in for four more years of this.

Last night the Iowians proved they didn't care about my opinion and voted Obama their man and Hilary as their second lady. This doesn't really mean anything, as a Caucus is mostly stupid, but the pundits will have their day and it does point to something, potentially.

No comments: